February 12, 2015 by Luciana Mangas
First of all, hi. I know I have been MIA for the past few months, but things have been a little crazy in real life and I had to take a step back from my fangirl duties. That means that I was a little behind on Castle and the last one I watched was the first episode on the PI storyline. So, saying that I have been completely out of the loop is an understatement. But I got a notification earlier today about a new screener and thought, what the hell, let’s play catch up and get back on business.
So I didn’t catch up completely, but I did watch the first part of the two parter before watching the screener. And all I have to say is that if you think the first part is intense, you won’t know what punched you in the gut when you see the second part.
You guys know my relationship with Castle for the past couple of seasons has been bordering on a love/hate thing. This season, particularly, has been falling on the weak side in my book. But I have to say that this two parter really did the 3XK storyline justice and it was just so ridiculously intense that it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
As usual, you guys know I can’t say much, but I can share five little nuggets about this fantastic conclusion to the Jerry Tyson saga.
- When I asked you to send in your questions about this episode on Twitter, most of you asked “Will we see badass Castle?” over and over again. I can safely assure you that we will see Castle in all his badass glory. Seriously, hell hath no fury like a pissed off Rick Castle. On that note, I have to give some major kudos to Nathan Fillion, who was damn near perfect in his performance in this episode. From realizing Beckett has been taken up until they get her back, his acting was spotless.
- Something else that most of you have been asking about is if we’re getting a reunion scene. Yes, there is one, but I liked the final scene a lot more than the actual reunion scene.
- Alexis and Martha appear very briefly in this episode.
- Beckett is MIA for most of the episode, as in we only get to actually see her towards the end. But yes, Badass!Beckett is back.
- @O10Courtney asked: “How far does Castle go to find his wife?” Let me put it this way, Courtney. He does whatever it takes to get Kate back. Whatever it takes. And I’ll leave at that.
Castle returns with the conclusion to the two parter next Monday, February 16, at 10/9C on ABC.